Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Noor in Arathi Basin


Since some people have been skeptical of Noor's value in battlegrounds, here are some snippets from a recent Arathi Basin match, which Alliance won 2000 to 1730 (or so). Alliance players assaulted a total of 14 flags in the match, with three players assaulting 1 each, one player assaulting 2, and Noor assaulting 9 flags. Yes, I'm usually first in flag assaults.

This video doesn't even show some of my typical techniques; I can usually take a flag guarded by a single player using Blind, unless they're a pet class. If they have a pet, I can usually take it if I toss out a Target Dummy first for the pet to chew on. This also works if a pet is left on "aggressive" by a flag while the hunter moves a few yards out, as the last part of the second scene illustrates (but I use a Love Fool work-alike from Valentine's Day). There are 5 horde players fighting a few yards away while I take the Blacksmith's flag in the second clip. That snoring sound you hear is my Green Whelp Armor putting players and pets to sleep. And yes, after I died, the Farm was Alliance for a short time.

5 comments:

i am me said...

I love you for actually blogging about WoW!! /hug Keep it Up

Rusty J said...

hey!

i've been checking out your blog for a while now and i must say. it has a real down home - down to earth feel. i really like that!

you've inspired me to start my own blog. let me know what you think about it please! i'm must a newbie!

your fan,
Rusty J

Pacem of Dalaran said...

Thanks again for this. I have been exploring the idea the Pacem could be taking apart mechanicals and still stay within the pacifist issue. He's also trying to work through the pacifist/sap question. I think one can still sap- it's just a game mechanic that makes the skill go up.

Bloggirl said...

My brother got me into this game last year. I was so addicted, I started playing at the end of April to the end of July. By August I got my warrior to level 70 and had my own guild with 250+ members, but then I quit and they disbanded. This post reminds me of how much I hated Arathi, it bugged when 5 people would capture the stables together at the beginning! :[

Anonymous said...

Hi

I too have played a pacifist on WoW - check out Aramas on Aggramar if you wish.

I didn't kill any NPCs - I accidentally killed a guy (who was on 9 health) while trying to pick up a flag in Warsong Gulch) - although I managed to raise my Unarmed skill to over 80 thanks to a quest rescuing webbed people on one of the Draenei islands.

I don't play Aramas any more, but if you want to mail me I'm scaryleon@hotmail.com.